Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

This 4th of July weekend was such a blast!! We had a lot of family time. We have been counting our blessings with how fortunate we are to have such incredible families! It started with a late night of Rummikub with Mitch's parents, then onto the parade with my family.

I love this photo of Mitch and Addie!! She LOVES him! And she loves walking! She started taking her first steps a couple days before this!

Anna and Libby were having a great time, selling suckers and running around. My mom makes suckers every year to sell on the 4th during West Bountiful's parade. As kids we use to run the stand and this year Libby called the shots and helped out all the customers. She had so much fun!

Mitch and I just chilling before the parade.
The rest of the day was filled with yummy food and several laughs. We had delicious steaks with the Arquette family. Then off to fireworks at Davis High. After much cotton candy, soccer shoot outs and several oohs and aahs, we headed off to light some fireworks of our own. Rod and Cindy (my inlaws) had purchased some amazing fireworks! They were fun and shot high into the air! It was so funny to watch the boys light the fireworks and take off running! The fireworks ended up coming to an abrupt stop when one that was lit (without a stand we found out later) shot high into the air, then into the neighbors bushes, the third hit Rochelle on the inside thigh part of her leg where it fell to the ground and exploded on the blanket I had on my legs, then the last two chased Mitch and Weston off their seats and into a full run!! Luckily no one was hurt and no fires started. We have however nicknamed that firework, 'The crotch rocket.'

Onto the Rodeo!!
So Mitch and I bought this new amazing camera!! After a few debates with Mitch on how he won't take any pictures he took some INCREDIBLE photos!! Here are a few of our favorites:
plus we both decided that we LOVE rodeos!!
Mitch took these first two photos and I am so impressed!



This one is my favorite of the two! Great job babe!

The photo below is one that I took and I would LOVE it if Anna would paint it for me! (hint, hint Anna)
Luckily in all 3 rodeos we've been able to attend NO ONE has been seriously injured.

Lastly we want to thank those of you who have fought for our freedom in this amazing country. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

Dinee said...

I love that picture of Mitch and Addie. I will need a copy of that one. The one with Anna and Libby is pretty dang cute as well. Thanks for posting pics of the 4th. I'm so bummed that I had to work and miss it all.

thejess's said...

4th of July is THEE best!!!! You guys look like you had a blast and I love your story about the attack of the fireworks.. it just reminds me of that time in Bear Lake when Braden and Bob were throwing fireworks at each other.. in the dark... and all of us had to run too cuz we didn't know where they were going!! GOOD TIMES! I miss your face and we need to do lunch A SAP!

thejess's said...

oh and p.s. i absolutely adore that top pic of you two!