Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Meet Little Mister

Hello Everyone!
I know that my posts are few and far between but this time I have a really good excuse. Meet Little Mister. This is out little man, Henry. He is the sweetest thing that could have happened to our life.
So let's be honest. My attitude during pregnancy was... not ideal. It wasn't that I wasn't excited to have a baby and become a mother. It was more that I felt blah and withdrew myself from my world. It was hard for me (and definitely for Mitch) but we got through it and now I am feeling like myself again and would like to share with you cute little things about our little boy.
After 26 hours of labor, the last 4 hours were pushing Henry was a stubborn little man and would not come on his own. So after all of that we were told that I would need a C-section. Honestly it was a little disheartening after all that work, but when you are that exhausted you really don't care. Henry was born on Dec 14 at 5:17 pm and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. He has TONS of hair and can already hold his head up. He's such a strong little boy. We had quite a long stay in the hospital which was nice because we were able to get the hang of things with the help of a wonderful medical staff before we took Henry home. And we ended up there an extra day because he was jaundiced and needed to lights to get his biliruben levels down. But after that we were able to come home and figure things out together. Mitch happened to be on Winter break and helped out SO much! After having the C-section I couldn't do much. In fact I bet it was almost two weeks before I changed a diaper.
Recovering from the C-section took me about 6 weeks. Learning about our little man took almost as long. Disclaimer: We are still learning! Luckily we had some great advice from a dear friend about how to get Henry on a schedule. Once we did that it has changed everything. We are able to get things done and have some time to ourselves. Also it has our little man so happy to have a schedule and helps us look like we know what we are doing.
My favorite thing about Henry is his LONG feet. Seriously this kid will take after Mitch in height. (and now that he's growing up and getting 'thick', as I call it, Mitch is hoping for another Offensive Lineman. :)
One of the coolest things is to watch Mitch with Henry. Not only does he love him but Henry responds so well to Mitch. Mitch tickles him and Henry smiles, laughs and coos. Henry follows Mitch with his eyes ALL the time. He loves his Daddy so much! Henry has the biggest smiles. When I can catch one on film I will post it. He is staying awake much more and being more interactive with us.
Being a mom is one of the coolest things I have ever done and I would do anything for our little man. I am so grateful that he is here and is healthy. I am also SO incredibly thankful for a wonderful husband who is supportive and so incredibly helpful. I love my boys SO much!

7 comments:

thejess's said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this post!!! YAY for babies! Love you guys!! He is so stinkin cute! I need to come get some more snuggles in!!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

YAHOO!! FINALLY so glad we get to see him. He is beautiful so happy that you are happy. Give your boys hugs from us.

Amelia said...

He is so sweet! I'm sorry you had such a rough pregnancy/labor & delivery, that stinks! Good thing it's all worth it in the end. :) Hopefully we get to see more pictures of your cute little family soon! Miss you!

Mark and Colette said...

Oh he is cute little man. We really want to see him. But I guess you know we aren't visiting SLC as we used to due to our children live out of state.We are in and out so fast mostly because we are flying out to some wonder spot to see our girls!!
well sister we love you so much. Take care and have lots of fun with Henry.

Jason and Heidi said...

He's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him! We need to get together after I get back to Utah next month!

Heidi and Micah Blake said...

He is adorable!!!! Congratulations Trissy, I'm so happy for you.

Fiona said...

Well done, little mama! What a sweet little mankin you have there.