Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yellowstone National Park


The Wonders of Yellowstone
pictures taken by: Mitch or Trissy Arquette :)

A few weeks ago Mitch and I decided to make one last summer trip before football season started. It was a much needed trip and ended up being exactly what we needed. We stayed at Mack Inn in Island Park, right on the river front. It was absolutely beautiful!!! Our favorite part was that there was no TV or radio. We ended up playing cards a lot. Mitch taught me how to play Gin. It was awesome!! We ended up about equal with each other in wins and losses. :) (although Mitch may tell you differently)

Mitch's goal was to see some buffalo. And that we did!! This one above this was RIGHT off the trail!! The ones below this were across a river and right next to this mudpot. Seriously they just hung out and sat right by it as it bubbled. SO COOL!!

Mitch took this photo of the buffalo and it's one of my favorites!! I think it is so majestic! It had just rolled around in the dirt and was getting up.

We had to set the self timer but we got the shot. This is inside our motel room at Mack's Inn. We will definitely be going back next year!

Mitch caught up on a bit of reading. Isn't he so handsome chilling out on the porch?

This is Mitch's favorite photo from the trip. This was just outside our front door and the Inn. The river was gorgeous. Slow moving and so calming.


Some of the next photos are pictures from all over the park. They are the ones that I liked the most, so I decided to post them. If you haven't been to Yellowstone, I recommend that you go. Not only is it gorgeous, but the animals are incredible and it's so fun to see God's creations in the way they were created. Also it is SO mysterious!! And very fun to learn about..







This picture was taken by a fellow tourist at the 'Grand Canyon of Yellowstone'
Thank you fellow tourist!


Mitch's 'Captain Morgan' pose :)


'The Moose' has been the most talked about part of our trip!! This bull moose walked right in between our cabins! I was in the shower and Mitch came running in asking for the camera. This moose came walking right through camp and we had to get some pictures. It was SO amazing!! I hurried out and made sure that Mitch got some pictures with 'The Moose'.



To end our story. Yellowstone was incredible! Everything was beautiful, the weather was perfect and we were surrounded by this great earth. So to end I will share a tidbit of wisdom that Mitch and I both learned on this trip. Yellowstone was named because of the 'Yellow' Stone. The rocks have a yellow tint to them and when the mountain men explored it that's what they named it. Simple yet true.

3 comments:

Mark and Colette said...

I love Yellowstone. I want to go again. Love ya

Amelia said...

I didn't know you were a photographer! Awesome pictures! I loved going back through your blog and reading about what you've been up to, I'm so happy you have this blog!

Jason and Heidi said...

So fun! I've never been to Yellowstone, I have always wanted to go! Miss you guys!